Mission Polygon Wood combines personal stories of fallen soldiers with activity tasks in Polygon Wood. This forest is a three-minute drive from our museum and belongs, together with Tyne Cot Cemetery, to the utmost important sites of the Ypres Salient commemorating World War I. Apart from CWGC Polygon Wood Cemetery and Buttes New British Cemetery, bunker ruins amongst others are reminiscent too of the war history.
In Polygon Wood, the group is expected to reach the other side of Polygon Wood independently via four locations. However, they do not have a ready-made itinerary. In small groups they need to use codes, carry out hands-on tasks and use British, Australian or New Zealand identity cards of fallen soldiers to find their way.
- Location: Polygon Wood, Zonnebeke.
- Duration: two and a half hours (visit MMP1917 not included).
- Target group: Secondary Schools with students aged above 14.
- A maximum of 40 students per session (larger groups will be split up into groups of minimum 20 students).
- Our supervisors assist and keep an eye on things on the way.
- Download the information bundle here.
- Rate: €300 per session.
- Optionally, you can visit the MMP1917 (with or without a guide) (€4.50/student, €8.00/adult, teachers 1/15 free).
- Reservations at least 4 weeks in advance. You can make a reservation via firstname.lastname@example.org